Envoy version 1.5.1 is now live!
We’re excited to announce that the latest version of Envoy – 1.5.1 – is now published on all your favorite mobile platforms! To download it, simply visit our download page or check for updates on your platform of choice.
Please note that there can be a significant lag from publishing to general availability due to Apple App Store and Google Play Store review policies and delays.
Note: v1.5.1 is a bug-fix release that resolves an issue updating firmware via Envoy on iOS. We’ve replicated the release notes here from 1.5.0 with the additional bug fix.
With this release of Envoy, we’ve focused on bringing you fully-featured support for Taproot! This not only expands the use-cases and access for Envoy as a mobile wallet, but it also paves the way for full Taproot support to be added to Passport in the upcoming v2.3.0 firmware. We’ve also included a proper Spanish translation to Envoy, and many quality of life improvements and bug fixes.
For more details on each of the changes, keep reading below!
- Envoy now has full Taproot 🥕 support, allowing you to easily send and receive with the latest and greatest features in Bitcoin!
- For those who want to use Taproot, simply enable support from the settings under the “Advanced” drop-down and a new Taproot-specific account will be created for you.
- This also paves the way for full Taproot support in Passport, coming in firmware v2.3.0 very soon!
- Envoy now has a Spanish translation available to all of our Spanish-speaking users!
- Envoy now allows users to select a preferred language in settings on iOS and Android.
- Upgrade Flutter to the latest stable release, v3.16.1.
- Envoy now automatically excludes coins that are too low of a value to spend in the current high-fee environment.
- We’ve noticed that in the current fee environment, a native behavior of BDK that is designed to protect you from wasting sats could get a bit confusing. If you have coins that are relatively low value, it’s possible that they could cost more to spend than the value of the coin, meaning spending them would just be burning precious satoshis.
- We still leverage the BDK default to help protect you from losing satoshis sending coins that are too low of value, but now we give you a clear warning when this would happen via a shiny new modal.
- You can now hide amounts on an account while in the detailed account view.
- Improved how the bottom sheet shows amounts when using coin control when minimized.
- Users who have previously used Magic Backups and then manually restore the same seed now get the option to restore their previous Magic Backup or simply use a manual wallet.
- Improved how selecting coins works when switching views.
- Added a warning when a user manually selects coins and then changes the fee on the transaction review screen, as it can cause Envoy to automatically re-select coins for the user.
- Updated our Tor library to the latest version of Arti, v1.1.11.
- Fixed an issue unselecting an entire tag in coin control if some coins in that tag are locked.
- Fixed a minor display issue when deleting a mobile wallet.
- Fix an issue with units displayed on the send screen showing sats even when denominated in BTC.
- Fixed an issue where redeeming an Azteco voucher could show duplicate entries in the activity screen.
- Corrected the informational text on the unsigned PSBT screen.
- Fixed an issue where the firmware update button would be slightly off-center.
- Fixed a minor padding issue on the tag details card.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause a blank screen when pairing an existing Passport account.
- Fixed an issue where an address could display incorrectly in the transaction details screen when receiving multiple outputs in a single transaction.
- Fixed a display issue where excessively long device names could break the version pill on the devices tab.
- Fixed an account renaming issue.
- Fixed various minor display issues.
Verifying Envoy on Android
If you’d like to take the optional additional step of verifying Envoy binaries on Android, follow our guide: Verifying Envoy on Android