Passport version 2.0.7 is now live!
We’re excited to announce that the latest version of Passport firmware – 2.0.7 – is now live! To download it, simply initiate the update from Envoy to be guided through the process.
In version 2.0.7, we’ve reworked memory management when signing transactions from the ground up, drastically improving handling of larger than normal transactions via QR codes. We’ve also added the ability to delete files from microSD directly on Passport, allow you to export multisig configs directly via QR and microSD, and cleaned up a few small bugs.
For more details on each of the changes, keep reading below!
- Added the ability to delete files off of the microSD card directly from Passport’s file explorer
- Added a feature to easily export full multisig configs via QR or microSD
- Passport can now act as an additional secure option for you to store your multisig configuration file(s)
- Now, if you were to lose a hardware wallet and its backup, you can easily recover your entire multisig wallet in something like Bitcoin Keeper, directly from Passport
- Drastically improved memory management when signing transactions via QR code
- This improvements means that even those of you with complex multisig setups or dozens of UTXOs can now use QR codes to sign transactions
- We do still recommend microSD for abnormally large transactions, as it is much faster for passing larger amounts of data by nature
- Improved how we display sending funds to yourself to make it clearer what is happening
- Renamed “Keeper” to “Bitcoin Keeper” in wallet export flow
- Corrected a color inversion issue with the camera viewfinder
- Corrected a minor terminology issue in multisig config text
- Fixed a bug where Passport could say it was exporting a wallet summary to microSD without a microSD card inserted
- Added a more detailed and helpful error message when a transaction is too large to sign via QR codes
VERIFYING AND INSTALLING PASSPORT FIRMWARE
If you’d like to verify and install the latest version of Passport manually, you can follow our guide on the topic here: Firmware Update support page